"Print-ready" means the files that are intended to be used for printing/production are ready to be printed. This means that the files are bound within the proper and appropriate templates, follows the Artwork Guidelines below, submitted in acceptable file formats, and are ready to be printed. Simply put, files considered to be print-ready will need no additional digital manipulations by us and can be sent to be printed as-is.
If your files are not print-ready thats OK! You or a knowledgeable Graphic Designer can adjust and set up your files to be print-ready prior to submitting your artwork files. However, you can take all the guess work out of your design and let us make it print-ready for you. We offer DESIGN SERVICE at very competitive prices and our DESIGN TEAM are experts in corporate and creative designs.
ONLINE PROOFING & COLOR MATCHING
Space Age Printing does not provide nor claim to provide any color matching guarantee as pertains to screen-viewable, electronic (online) proofs approved by Customer and printed matter produced thereafter. Online proofs are provided solely for reviewing positioning, text accuracy, image proportion and placement.
Prior to print production, an electronic proof is available for an additional fee. You are responsible for verifying the accuracy of all art file elements, including but not limited to, positioning, text, content information, image proportion and placement as contained within the proof. Print production will proceed only after a proof has been approved by you, either verbally or in writing. You are liable for any and all charges resulting from changes and/or rework occurring after proof approval.Requesting Proofs Before Production
We provide digital proofs upon written requests for submissions with an active order Any and all files submitted without a digital proof request will be deemed print-ready, based solely on our judgment, at our discretion.
Acceptable File Formats
- Space Age Printing accepts the following formats: .JPG, .PDF, .PSD, .EPS, .AI - .TIFF files OK!
- Please note that ALL .PSD, .AI and .EPS files need to have all text must be rasterized or converted into outlines, and links to images embedded.
- To prevent missing elements, it is suggested all layers either be rasterized or merged together.
- If your files are very large, it is recommended that you compress your file into a .zip file prior to uploading.
FILE SIZE + RESOLUTION:
- Actual size and dimensions of the required print are indicated on the products corresponding template.
- Example: Printed graphics for a retractable banner stand, has print dimensions listed as 33” x 78". The submitted graphic size should be 33” in width and 78” in height or 16.5" in width by 39" in height.
- Images with higher resolution will yield better results.
- Please remove all template guides from final print-ready files prior to submission.
- You do not need to submit your artwork with bleed. Our provided templates already account for bleed but most files are manually printed and cut to the exact dimensions of your product.
- Please do not include cropmarks on artwork files for printing, unless they are already included in the template. We are not responsible for cropmarks or any miscellaneous markings that may appear on the final product.
- When creating gradients in your artwork, we highly suggest creating those gradients in Photoshop, and not in Illustrator. The reason being, is that Illustrator, a vector based program, does not raster the gradient the same way Photoshop does, which results in banding or "Steps" to occur in the gradient that look like lines in the final print. The only way to address this is to create the gradients in Photoshop and then either import the gradient into illustrator, or just completely design the artwork within Photoshop.
- Please see the attached photos for reference. You can see how much smoother the gradient is in the Photoshop image vs the Illustrator image.
- All files should be submitted using a CMYK color space.
- We print using a 4 Color Process and prefer CMYK color profiles to provide the most accurate color results. Please understand that printed images will not match up 100% with the colors you see on your monitor. We do our best to provide you with the most vibrant and true colors for your graphics.
- Please check your Pantone colors before you submit artwork.
- Unless a printed proof is ordered,Space Age Printing is not responsible for unsatisfactory color results. You may order a physical proof at an additional cost depending on square footage and shipping. This can delay your order up to 5 business days, depending on current production schedule.
Users and purchasers of products and services Space Age Printing Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates, whether or not they are employees, owners, re-sellers, or by other affiliation deemed valid by Space Age Printing Inc., may not use its products and services to produce, create, or recreate any material that Space Age Printing Inc. believes:
- Is abusive, deceptive, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate;
- Consists of copyrighted material used without the express permission of the owner or material that has been altered so that the copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice is removed;
- To be infringing on anyone's copyright; in particular; the user or purchaser of products and services must ensure that image(s) or any other artwork files uploaded or sent via file transfer, email, or physically to Space Age Printing Inc and its subsidiaries and affiliates owns the copyrights or are fully licensed by the copyright owner to submit such materials and to make any subsequent use of it (such as by including your image in a product) or in any customized artwork files, retrievable for reproduction.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Before you OK this proof, Check for spelling errors and copy omissions. Space Age Printing will not be held responsible for any errors which are not marked on this proof. Any changes or alterations from the original instructions will be charged according to time and material and charged under Customer Alterations. The client is solely responsible for errors missed during the proofing process of either artwork supplied by the client or artwork created by Space Age Printing. Space Age Printing does not and is not responsible for proofreading.
Any reprints desired due to mistakes discovered after proofing will be at the expense of the customer.